Guide to paying for AP Exams

Ore James, Online Editor-in-Chief

The AP exam payment deadline is approaching fast (guidelines for spring-only AP Course registration will be shared with students in January 2020). 

There are two options to pay for exams this year. Students can either pay for exams in full by November 1 or pay a minimum of $40 per exam by November 13 and pay the balance by February 28 (a small fee will be added with this option if paying in installments).

To pay for AP exams, visit https://TotalRegistration.net/AP/447044.

When visiting the website, have your College Board and Total Registration log-ins available (If this is the first time you are taking an AP exam in TISD, you will need to create a Total Registration account first).

Important dates
Wednesday, Nov. 1, 2019 at midnight – initial payment process ends through Total Registration.
Thursday, Nov. 2 – Wednesday, Nov. 13, 2019 – students who have not paid for exams will be contacted by the local testing coordinator for further instructions on how to pay for exams.
Wednesday, Nov. 13, 2019 at midnight – Exam registrations that have not met minimum payment requirements will be cancelled and exams will not be ordered.
Wednesday, March 4, 2020 – Last day to cancel an exam with a cancellation fee of $50.00.

The annual one-time registration fee is $5. Each AP exam costs $94 (AP Seminar costs $142), but families with free or reduced lunch will be charged $35 per exam.