Eight Rad Things to do Around Tomball

Eight Rad Things to do Around Tomball

Sanna Apolskis, Contributing Writer

Concerts

Enjoy a concert at one of the local venues around Houston.  Depending on the concert you choose to attend, the price will differ. To find concerts around Houston, visit www.bandsintown.com or download the Bands in Town app on your phone.

The Heights

On the first Saturday of every month visit the Art Market at Sawyer Yards to view local art connoisseurs and musicians.

“I go as often as I can, and I have purchased many unique jewelry and art pieces,” freshman Kasey Durham said.

Pottery Painting

Located in Vintage Park, Potter’s Wheel is one of many ceramic painting locations in the area.  At Potter’s Wheel you can walk right in and select one of 300 pieces to paint.  The price is $7 plus the cost of the piece you choose to paint.

“Painting ceramics with my friends was a perfect way to celebrate my birthday,” freshman Blake Brown said.

Kayaking in the Woodlands

Riva Row Boat House located on Lake Woodlands rents out kayaks and paddleboards year-round.  For single kayaks, the price is $15 for the first hour and for paddle boards, the price is $20.  Each additional hour is $5.

Museum District

With an extensive amount of different museums in downtown Houston there are many to choose from.  To name a few, there is the Museum of Fine Arts, the Museum of Natural Science, and the Contemporary Art Museum.

Showboat Drive-In

Enjoy two movies in one night from the comfort of your car for just $8 per person. The Drive-In movie theater is currently open Friday, Saturday, and Sunday nights. For information on the movies being shown visit www.theshowboatdrivein.com

The Shack Burger Restaurant

Enjoy burgers in an outdoor restaurant in two locations. One is just off of Cypress Rosehill and the other is on Telge Road.

“The Shack is a fun place to eat at with your family, because there are things to do for all ages,” junior Elissa Hopper said.

Heavenly Beverages

Enjoy traditional bubble tea, sandwiches, and dumplings at Heavenly. Sign up for Heavenly Rewards to receive a free drink when you sign up and points for each time you purchase more drinks.