Tomball Memorial Post

Junior designs tutoring business

Madaline Cannon, Staff Writer

Sitting at the computer, he adds the finishing touches on his website. With a YouTube tutorial pulled up and a vision of helping others, he continues to work tediously. Smiling triumphantly, he finally finishes his website.

Junior Kyandre’ Roberts has a passion for math and helping others, which inspired him to create his own tutoring website and business. He spent a week and a half working on his website to make sure it was professional and easy for customers to access.

“I believe I have good marketing sense,” Roberts said. “In order to have a successful business, you have to have a good website. I came across WordPress and created my website from there.”

In addition to developing his website, Roberts also made his own logo.

“The logo is KMT,” Roberts said. “It stands for Kyandre’s Mathematics Tutorials; I added a circle around the T and a pi sign at the bottom of the logo.”

Roberts has past tutoring experience and was in a math tutoring club at school.

“Last year I was part of a tutoring club that Mr. Bean created,” Roberts said. “I really enjoyed doing that, so this year, I decided to create my own tutoring business because I love math.”

Due to the many advanced classes that Roberts takes, he has also used tutoring as a way to have a job and still focus on school.

“Tutoring allows me to have a flexible job to get money,” Roberts said. “I can’t have a normal job because I always have a lot of homework, so tutoring makes it easy for me to make money and do what I love.”

Roberts hopes to tutor not only to help others with math, but also to inspire others to profit off of themselves using their gifts.

“Everyone has different gifts to make money off of,” Roberts said. “You don’t necessarily have to get a regular job; you can make money and still do what you love. That’s one way I see myself impacting others.”

Roberts displayed his love for math in class as well. He constantly asked questions and even helped other students in class to make sure they understood the material.

“He went around in class and helped anyone who had questions,” geometry teacher Charles Hoffman said. “He was smart enough, so he probably could have taught the class.”

Roberts charges $20 per hour and tutors on the weekends.

About the Writer
Madaline Cannon, Staff Writer

I’m a junior and this is my second year on the newspaper staff. As well as being on The Post, I play flute and piccolo in the Roarin’ Blue Band and...

The news site of Tomball Memorial High School
Junior designs tutoring business