Club meetings this week: 9/2 – 9/6

Back to Article
Back to Article

Club meetings this week: 9/2 – 9/6

Ore James, Online Editor-in-Chief

Weekly schedule posted here every Friday

Monday

• No school

Tuesday

• Wildcat Frisbee – first meeting at 7 a.m. or 3 p.m. in room 1325. For more information, stop by or check Instagram @tmhsultimatefrisbee
  • American Sign Language Club – first meeting at 3 p.m. in room 1217. Stop by to learn more about this new organization; contact Emma Sawyer for more information. 
  • Wildcat Theatre Club – first meeting at 3 p.m. in the auditorium. Learn about all of the club’s projects for the year and find out how you can get involved; all are welcome.
  • Robotics and Engineering Club – first meeting at 3 p.m. in the LGI. Plans for the year include programming mini-sumobots, building remote-controlled flying quadcopters, and attending competitions throughout the year; no experience necessary. Join the remind @tmhsrobot and contact Mr. Monroe to learn more

Wednesday

• Cats for Christ – meeting at 6:56 a.m. in room 1325. Come out for donuts and fellowship; all are welcome. Contact Mrs. Juliano in room 1325 for more information
  • DECA – first meeting at 7 a.m. or 3 p.m. in room 2203. DECA prepares students for careers in marketing, finance, hospitality, and management. TMHS DECA members will participate in various competitive events, complete international campaigns, and volunteer in the community. Come out for donuts and ice cream to learn more
  • Spanish National Honor Society – first meeting at 7 a.m. or 3 p.m. in room 1406-A. Members must be in Spanish 3 or higher and have all A’s in Spanish
  • WISE (Women Inspiring Success and Empowerment) – first meeting at 3 p.m. in room 2307. Stop by to grab a packet and get involved; all are welcome. For more information, see Mrs. Kilgore or check Twitter @TMHSWiseClub

Thursday

• Key Club – first meeting at 7:10 a.m. or 3 p.m. in the LGI. Key club is a service organization where members volunteer throughout the school and community.  It looks great on college applications and hours can be logged on x2vol for the community service cord. For more information, contact [email protected] or visit https://tmkeyclub.weebly.com/ 
  • Best Buddies – first meeting at 7 a.m. and 3 p.m. in the PALS room; stay for a social after the 3 p.m. meeting. Best Buddies is an organization aimed at connecting members of the student body. Contact Mrs. Juliano or Mrs. Agresti with any questions
  • ‘Ohana – first meeting at 3 p.m. in Mrs. Ly’s room. Join the remind @ohdc and stop by to get involved
  • National Art Honor Society – first meeting at 3 p.m. in room 1811. Stop by for cupcake decorating and more information
  • Debate Workshop: Congress – join the workshop at 3 p.m. in room 1401. If you enjoy being competitive, public speaking, and being able to choose your side, this is the event for you. For more information, contact Ms. Jones at [email protected]
  • Current Events UIL – first informational meeting at 7 a.m. and 3 p.m. in room 1216. Stop by and learn how to join the current events team; no experience necessary. Contact Ms. Higley for more information

Friday

•  Garden Club – meeting at 3 p.m. in room 2001, stop by to get involved. Follow on Instagram and Twitter @tmhsgarden and contact Mrs. Monroe for more information