The News Site of Tomball Memorial High School

Tomball Memorial Post

Tomball Memorial Post

Tomball Memorial Post

Polls

What part of being Back to School excites you the most?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...
Stories by Month
Want to share a story idea, contribute an opinion or give us feedback? Contact us at [email protected]

Settling In

TMHS Students Reflect On Their First Weeks Of Class
Grace Wilson
Students walk together as they enter the building on the first day of school.

The 2023-2024 school year has finally begun! Tuesday, August 15th, 2023, marked the beginning of a new era for TMHS students. The arrival of the incoming freshman class of 2027, along with their senior counterparts- the class of 2024, has made for a memorable start to the school year.

Already three weeks into the school year, students have finally begun to once again adjust and get comfortable within a school environment. This is especially prevalent for newcomers who are unfamiliar with the TMHS community.

Freshman student Cipriana Olivo, despite being new to high school life, is confident for the school year that has just begun. “I feel pretty good about starting the new school year,” Olivo said. “I was a little scared at first, but now it’s great.” Just starting out proves to be intimidating for most, but it never takes long to integrate into the TMHS family.

Genesis Pina-Murillo, a sophomore, has felt a strong sense of unity and fellowship during her time at TMHS. “The best part of being a sophomore is that I can help other students in need, especially freshmen,” Pina-Murillo said. “I feel more part of the family.” The TMHS community has built an atmosphere that allows students to create strong and supportive relationships with both their peers and teachers.

Junior Robert Ryan values the opportunity to further connect with friends and fellow classmates alike. “I’m most excited about coming back to school to see my friends,” Ryan said. “But also to finally be an upperclassman.” Many students share a similar sentiment that moving up a grade is often exciting, especially for senior students.

Peyton O’Brien, a senior, is proud of his time spent at TMHS and is looking forward to the rest of his final year. “I feel very excited because I’ve been here for multiple years, and I know what I’m doing and what I’m talking about,” O’Brien said. “I feel very comfortable with everything around me.”

It is evident from the excitement expressed by students that TMHS has a spectacular year ahead and many more to come. Go Cats!