The News Site of Tomball Memorial High School

Tomball Memorial Post

Tomball Memorial Post

Tomball Memorial Post

Polls

What part of being Back to School excites you the most?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...
Stories by Month
Want to share a story idea, contribute an opinion or give us feedback? Contact us at [email protected]

Wildcats Tip-off the Season

The boys basketball team starts off strong.
Photo by Riley Reder

Boys basketball season is back, and the Wildcats have never looked better. Friday, November 10, at 7:00pm, the the boys faced Magnolia West at home in the hopes of securing their first district win.

Last season, the varsity boys basketball team finished their season with a 29-6 record. The Wildcats hope to build on last season and further expand their game with the goal of dominating district, state, and more.

The boys’ last basketball game against Magnolia West ended in a 51-43 score with the Wildcats on top. As players get ready for their first game of the season, they hope to repeat history and come out with a win on their opening night.

After dominating the court, the Wildcats ended the game with a 86-29 score and left with a win. Throughout the game, key players, like Myles Dealy and Carson Lemmer, contributed immensely to the attack and pushed their team to give it their all.

Photo by Riley Reder

“Our mindset for the season is hard work and toughness. It’s as simple as that,” senior Stephan Street said.

Players are already showing signs of leadership, which has been a key factor in the Wildcats success. “Luke is one that one player who has been very vocal both in practices and in games. This is one of the reasons why the team is so unified. We feel that we are working very well together,” Street said.

Looking to start strong and finish even stronger, the boys basketball team’s goal to set even bigger gaps with their opponents is ready to take precedent over last season. “We have a very different team from last year, and we hope that we can not only recreate last season’s success but also overcome it,” senior Myles Dealy said.