The News Site of Tomball Memorial High School

Tomball Memorial Post

Tomball Memorial Post

Tomball Memorial Post

Polls

What part of being Back to School excites you the most?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...
Stories by Month
Want to share a story idea, contribute an opinion or give us feedback? Contact us at [email protected]

2023-2024 Season Recap

Wrapping up an Eventful 2023-2024 Soccer Season

On Wednesday, March 19, the varsity boys soccer team played their last game of the season at home against Waller. After a challenging and eventful 19 games played, the Wildcats ended with a 4-13-2 record. Although the Wildcats did not reach their goals, they were able to build a stronger and better working as a team. Despite challenges early on with staff changes and countless injuries, the Wildcats were able to score a total of 27 goals throughout the season and earned themselves an emotional win on their senior night.

“I think although we didn’t get the result we wanted, we came closer as a team and built a family. We fought until the end, and I’m very proud of this team,” senior Noah Bar said.

Early in the season, the Wildcats faced a great challenge, having significant staff changes. After a few games of district play, Coach Woodard took over the varsity boys soccer team. Although a challenging task, Woodard was able to unite the team and create a newly competitive squad. Throughout Woodard’s coaching time, the team was able to end their losing streak and become a stronger, more unified team.

“We had a couple of challenges that definitely set us back early in the season, but I think we’re all motivated for next season and hope to reach playoffs,” junior Jeffrey Boedeker said.

Thanks to such an impactful season for the Wildcats, the squad is as motivated as ever to show their fanatics what they are capable of. With various juniors like Jeffrey Boedeker and Jackson Habermacher, next season’s team is looking stronger than ever. At the moment, there is no definite staff, however, the Wildcats are willing to put in the work and are hungry for playoffs.

“I felt like we could’ve gone a lot farther. Our goal for next season is to keep competing and win district,” junior Lenry Gallo said.

Additionally, we say goodbye and thank you to our fellow seniors as they leave Tomball Memorial with a hard-fought season and countless memories to share.