The News Site of Tomball Memorial High School

Tomball Memorial Post

Tomball Memorial Post

Tomball Memorial Post

Polls

What part of being Back to School excites you the most?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...
Stories by Month
Want to share a story idea, contribute an opinion or give us feedback? Contact us at [email protected]

Wildcats Football Season Comes to an End

Football Team Loses in the Second Round of Playoffs

Friday, November 17, the Wildcats ended their playoff run when they played against the Willis Wildkats in the second round of the playoffs. They fought hard, but overall they could not pull off the win, losing to Willis 42-21.

The season consisted of many victories to be celebrated and teeth gritting tight games. The Cats’ season started off in the best possible way, being undefeated in non-district play and outscoring Willis 151-15. The team continued their command by posting a 6-1 record in district play with their only loss being to Klein Collins. While the team was not record breaking, they still performed much better than anybody originally thought, and it gave people something to talk about.

They were 9-1 to finish the regular season, and while it wasn’t enough to be district champs they still were going to the playoffs. The team entered the playoffs and had to play a ranked Cypress Springs team. The game went back and forth, but ultimately the Wildcats came out with the game winning touchdown to advance to the second round.

“I feel like I have another family that has my back. I think that the season we created was what we all wanted, and I can’t wait to do it again next year,” junior Aiden Martin said. Martin came in to start after being the third string last season and proved it posting throwing for almost 2500 yards and 30 touchdowns.

“While the season just ended and my high school football career is over, I couldn’t have asked for a better season to end it on,” senior Jalen Ellis said. Ellis made the quarterback want to run the opposite direction, with 53 tackles and five sacks.

“This season was the most fun I have ever had, and I wouldn’t trade it in for anything. It made me think that I was leading people and showing off my moves,” senior Lance Martinez said. Martinez was a cornerback’s worst nightmare with 662 receiving yards and leading the team with 12 touchdowns.

The Wildcats made it to the second round of playoffs and played in the Texas 6A Division, which is one of the hardest divisions and playoffs in the country. While the game didn’t end in their favor, the Wildcats accomplished so much and proved to so many that they are capable of winning anything, and that no one should ever underestimate the Tomball Memorial. The program consisted of many seniors, many who plan to play at the next level, but there are sophomores and juniors to take their places so they feel that they will be more prepared and perform even better next season.