The News Site of Tomball Memorial High School

Tomball Memorial Post

Tomball Memorial Post

Tomball Memorial Post

Polls

What part of being Back to School excites you the most?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...
Stories by Month
Want to share a story idea, contribute an opinion or give us feedback? Contact us at [email protected]

Coach Parker Leaves Tomball Memorial With A Legacy

Coach Parker is parting ways with TMHS after seven years with the Wildcats

On Thursday, Head Football Coach Parker announced to the school his new opportunity to coach at Canyon Lake High School. Coach Parker is a coach that has been set in stone in the history of Tomball Memorial Football. He fought through the tough seasons and came back with strong ones. He was the head coach for seven years and had an overall record of 63-25.

There are so many memories from Coach Parker, but the list would be too long to write. Some of the best highlights from Coach Parker’s career at TMHS include making it to the third round in the playoffs, breaking the football norms by allowing a girl to become the kicker, working with the boom of new Wildcats, creating a 6A team, and opening the brand new TISD stadium.

Coach Parker at his last Patriotic Game (Shelby Lovell)

“His fiery personality and his want to have the team succeed made him not only a coach, but someone who cared about you as a person,” senior Jesus Pantoja said. Pantoja was part of the varsity team for two years and was mentored by Coach Parker both of those years.

“Coach was someone that I really looked up to, and he really brought me into the team knowing I could succeed,” junior Aiden Martin said. Martin has been a part of the varsity team for two years and knew Coach Parker before entering high school. Martin was very important in Coach Parker’s offense.

“He was a big factor in continuing my football career, and I feel that I can continue to dominate, but with much help from Coach Parker,” junior Ethan Lea said. Lea has also been a part of the varsity team for two years and led the team in multiple categories this season, including number of tackles per game.

While the new head coach has not yet been announced, Coach Parker knows that the Wildcats are capable of handling his absence and will continue their fight for the Championship.