The News Site of Tomball Memorial High School

Tomball Memorial Post

Tomball Memorial Post

Tomball Memorial Post

Polls

What part of being Back to School excites you the most?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...
Stories by Month
Want to share a story idea, contribute an opinion or give us feedback? Contact us at [email protected]

District Ready

Wildcat Soccer Steps Into District
District+Ready

As we start off the new year, the TMHS soccer season begins to unfold. With various tournaments and friendly games played, the boys and girls varsity soccer team are ready and motivated for the upcoming 2024 season.

From January 11-13, the Wildcats boys varsity team played three games as part of the Humble ISD tournament. After a disappointing few games in the previous week, the Wildcats were more motivated than ever to bring home the win. The Wildcat were able to win two games and tie one, with two impressive clean sheets and a total of seven goals scored in our favor.

At the moment, the girls hold a 6-1-1 record with four wins, one loss, and one tie. The girls made it clear that they aim to dominate with already 27 goals and only four goals allowed in each of eight games. With impressive score lines like 6-1 and 4-0 both in favor of the Wildcats, the district must prepare cautiously for their games against the Wildcats.

“I think we’re going to shock people and exceed expectations,” senior Noah Barr said.

This Tuesday, January 23, the boys begun their season. Although the match ended in a loss, the Wildcats kept their character and fought through the entirety of the game. This Friday, January 26, the Wildcats expect to win and commence their win streak for district. The girls’ next game will be on Tuesday, January 30 at home, against Klein Cain.

“If we continue to do our thing and remain dedicated, we will dominate district,” junior Lenry Gallo said.